Seasonal Pesticide Applicators
Competition Number: HR-2019-0009
Job Title: Seasonal Pesticide Applicators
Department: Agriculture department
Employment Type: Temporary - Full Time
Salary: $23.88 - $28.50 per hour plus 5% in lieu of benefits
Posted Date: January 11, 2019 12:00 AM
Closing Date: February 08, 2019 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: January 11, 2019 3:19 PM
The County of Grande Prairie is currently recruiting Seasonal Pesticide Sprayers for the 2019 summer season which is approx. May to October. Pesticide Sprayers are responsible for spraying weeds and brush on County-owned property including on roadsides and in gravel pits. This position typically works from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, however during the peak spraying season (mid-June to the end of August) a 5:00 a.m. start time may be required
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing and documenting areas to be sprayed and determining priorities and water location;
- Locating spray areas on map;
- Safely loading and filling water and chemical, and transporting to spray site;
- Determining and then double checking whether the area is a no-spray zone;
- Identifying target species while on the move;
- Monitoring water/chemical use and distance covered;
- Operating sprayer equipment; including truck, UTV, ATV, and backpack;
- Using a laptop in the truck;
- Maintaining spraying records;
- Daily and monthly reporting;
- Chemical spill containment and clean-up.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract;
- Experience with weed and crop identification an asset;
- Pesticide Applicator’s License (Industrial and Agricultural) or Authorized Assistant Certificate an asset;
- Ability to maintain the equipment used (i.e. change oil);
- Spray truck/UTV/ATV/trailer hauling experience an asset;
- Ability to manage time and priorities, and ability to multiple task;
- Comfortable using computers, including MS Office software;
- Comfortable reading maps and accurately determining land locations;
- Physically fit.
To apply, please click on the green "APPLY" button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.