Seasonal Weed Inspector
Competition Number: HR-2019-0006
Job Title: Seasonal Weed Inspector
Department: Agriculture department
Employment Type: Temporary - Full Time
Salary: $23.88 - $28.50 per your plus 5% in lieu of benefits
Posted Date: January 11, 2019 12:00 AM
Closing Date: February 08, 2019 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: January 11, 2019 1:18 PM
The County of Grande Prairie is currently seeking Weed Inspectors for the 2019 summer season, which is approx. May to October, with the potential for an extension. Weed Inspectors are responsible for inspecting properties in the County of Grande Prairie for noxious and prohibited noxious weeds, as regulated under the Weed Control Act of Alberta.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Making contact with landowners, occupants, industry, and towns regarding presence of noxious or prohibited-noxious weeds on the property;
- Identifying weeds;
- Seeking agreements on timelines for completion of an action plan to address the problem, and conducting follow up;
- Maintaining records;
- Conducting spot spraying as required (either by hand or using an ATV);
- Conducting investigations received as a result of public complaints, and conducting follow up as required;
- Mapping areas to be sprayed and/or follow up as required;
- Advising the Pest and Disease Inspector of insect concerns;
- Picking weeds;
- Monitoring control method effectiveness on properties with noxious or prohibited noxious weeds.
- Ability to communicate with ease in difficult situations;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to effective manage time, ability to effectively prioritize required;
- Experience in MS Office required, experience in mapping software an asset;
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract;
- Experience with weed, crop and basic insect identification an asset;
- Knowledge of the Provincial Weed Control Act an asset;
- Experience in the agricultural industry an asset;
- Comfortable driving on gravel roads.
To apply, please click on the green "APPLY" button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.