Summer Program Assistant
Competition Number: HR-2018-0016
Job Title: Summer Program Assistant
Department: Family and Community Services department
Employment Type: Temporary – Full Time: Approx. June to August
Salary: $18.98 - $24.31 plus 5% in lieu of benefits
Posted Date: February 04, 2019 12:00 AM
Closing Date: February 25, 2019 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: February 4, 2019 1:43 PM
The County of Grande Prairie is currently seeking a Summer Program Assistant. The Assistant’s role is to assist in effectively, efficiently, and professionally providing a well-organized recreation and socially based summer program for children and youth, ages 6-12, in various communities within the County. Reporting to the Child, Youth, Family and Community Program Team Lead and Summer Program Coordinator, the duties include:
Assist in developing, planning and implementing summer programs for children and youth in cooperation with the Summer Program Coordinator and FCSS Team Lead and Program Assistant;
- Assist in taking program registrations and keeping all registration lists up to date, ensuring that all parents and/or guardians fill out registration forms and waiver forms for the Summer Day Camp Program;
- Assist with supervising program participants, promoting social and emotional well-being and fun;
- Help prepare for and lead activities, games, and crafts;
- Apply minimal first aid to injured participants as necessary;
- Responsible for documentation of all incidents and accidents on the provided forms and immediately inform the Camp Coordinator;
- Ensure open communication with participants, parents, and staff. Must respond to parent and participant questions and concerns;
- Advise the Camp Coordinator of any needs of the Summer Day Camp Program expenditures;
- Assist in ensuring that all activities, or events, are scheduled and documented in a timely and organized manner;
- Assist with proper set up and dismantle of daily activities at various locations;
- Ensure that all exit doors and windows are closed, lights are off, and the main door is locked prior to leaving the building;
- Comply with records management practices as stated in the Records Management Policy;
- Ensure all work related information is kept confidential as per County of Grande Prairie Policy and in accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Previous experience working with children between the ages of 6-12 years;
- Previous supervisory experience;
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age;
- Must be a maximum of 30 years of age as per the Canada Summer Jobs grant requirements;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Knowledge of local resources, agencies, and referral sources;
- Knowledge of the stages of physical, social, emotional, and intellectual developmental needs of children;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to plan and organize appropriate daily activities;
- Ability to ensure all work related information is kept confidential as per policy and in accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Ability to comply with records management practices as stated in the Records Management Policy;
- Must have reliable vehicle for travel throughout the County;
- Must submit a satisfactory Criminal Records Check (vulnerable sector) and Child and Family Services Check;
- Ability to work independently and as part of the FCSS team.
To apply, please click on the green "APPLY" button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.