Temporary Business Solutions Team Student
Competition Number: HR-2019-0010
Job Title: Temporary Business Solutions Team Student
Department: Information Systems department
Employment Type: Temporary - Full Time: approx. May to August 2019
Salary: $23.88 - $28.50 per hour plus 5% in lieu of benefits
Posted Date: January 11, 2019 12:00 AM
Closing Date: February 08, 2019 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: January 11, 2019 3:26 PM
The County of Grande Prairie is updating a number of software packages. As a result, a large number of new and revised reports and automatically generated letters will need to be created.
The successful candidate will be creating these reports from templates with the guidance of the Business Solutions team, as well as other subject matter experts. The candidate will need to be comfortable making recommendations about how to implement the reports in a way that will minimize the amount of work required to maintain them. Depending on their skill level, the successful candidate may also have the opportunity to assist on assorted programming and scripting projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Find and tie data sources together;
- Check data validity and assist departments in data cleansing;
- Create reports;
- Create data visualization;
- Provide recommendations for software, including purchase or configuration;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Basic SQL server query skills.
- Basic knowledge how to use Visual Studio 2012 +
- Curiosity and determination.
- Ability to make recommendations/suggestions;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, for presenting information to all audiences;
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SSRS Scripting, Power BI (or similar), ASP .NET, C#, Team Foundation Server and other programming or scripting languages preferred;
- Practical knowledge of statistics;
- ESRI/GIS skills, and knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services, Spatial queries, and municipal government or emergency services would be definite assets.
To apply, please click on the green "APPLY" button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.