Temporary Data Entry Clerks - Planning
Competition Number: HR-2019-0018
Job Title: Temporary Data Entry Clerks - Planning
Department: Planning and Development department
Employment Type: Temporary - Full time on a 6-month term with possibility of extension (multiple positions available)
Salary: $23.88 per hour plus 5% in lieu of benefits
Posted Date: February 08, 2019 12:00 AM
Closing Date: March 15, 2019 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: February 11, 2019 11:37 AM
The Planning & Development Services department is responsible for managing the current and long-range uses of land within the County’s boundaries. It is responsible for establishing and overseeing all planning, development, building, and subdivision processes.
Are you a computer savvy individual with a keen eye for detail? Do you love a challenge and have a passion for seeing a project through to completion? We want to hear from you!
The Temporary Data Entry Clerks will be responsible for identifying department records and entering all data necessary for accurate identification to facilitate the migration of existing department records to a new records management system. Duties will include organizing files, analyzing data, scanning, and accurately entering, reviewing, and correcting data.
The ideal candidates will be diligent problem solvers, love organization and consistency, and take pride in a job well done. Candidates should be able to work independently, possess a great attention to detail have a commitment to accuracy, and enjoy repetitive tasks.
You will also possess the following education, experience, knowledge and skills:
- Post-secondary office administration diploma, including experience with current office computers and business software, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of general office equipment, systems, and procedures;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software, and other computer based programs;
- Proficient keyboarding skills;
- Ability to communicate tactfully, clearly, and effectively, and exercise mature judgement to deal effectively with customers, ratepayers and County employees;
- Ability to prioritize own workload and set priorities;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and consistency when performing duties;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to ensure all work related information is kept confidential as per policy and in accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Ability to comply with records management practices as stated in the Records Management Policy.
To apply, please click on the green "APPLY" button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.