Temporary Data Entry Clerks - Public Works
Competition Number: HR-2019-0017
Job Title: Temporary Data Entry Clerks - Public Works
Department: Public Works department
Employment Type: Temporary - Full time to Dec. 31, 2019 (possible yearly extensions over the next 3 years) (multiple positions available)
Salary: $23.88 per hour plus 5% in lieu of benefits
Posted Date: February 06, 2019 12:00 AM
Closing Date: March 05, 2019 8:37 AM
Last Updated Date: February 6, 2019 8:39 AM
The Public Works department is responsible for providing municipal services which include, but is not limited to, construction, maintenance and repair of bridges, streets/roads, storm drains/culverts, and public works facilities. The department is also responsible for fleet services, waste management and utilities.
The Temporary Data Entry Clerks will be responsible for identifying department records and entering all data necessary for accurate identification to facilitate the migration of existing department records to a new records management system. This position will also provide backup for the reception/front counter service as well as backup for administrative and clerical support to the Public Works managers as required. Your previous office and administrative experience will be the keys to success in this position.
Data Entry Clerk duties:
- organizing files;
- analyzing data;
- accurate data entry of metadata;
- reviewing and correcting data as required.
- answering telephone and front counter inquiries and dealing with those inquiries that can be dealt with, taking messages and passing them on, or referring to other personnel;
- retrieving voice mail messages left after hours and forwarding to appropriate personnel;
- greeting, screening and directing visitors to appropriate staff;
- establishing and maintaining positive relations with callers and visitors to the office;
- distributing incoming mail and faxes;
- preparing out-going mail ready for the mail;
- notifying/alerting appropriate staff of unusual, sensitive or emergency situations.
The ideal candidates will be able to work independently, possess a great attention to detail and have a commitment to accuracy.
You will also possess the following education, experience, knowledge and skills:
- Post-secondary office administration diploma, including experience with current office computers and business software, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of general office equipment, systems, and procedures;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software, and other computer based programs;
- Proficient keyboarding skills;
- Ability to communicate tactfully, clearly, and effectively, and exercise mature judgement to deal effectively with customers, ratepayers and County employees;
- Ability to prioritize own workload and set priorities;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and consistency when performing duties;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to ensure all work related information is kept confidential as per policy and in accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Ability to comply with records management practices as stated in the Records Management Policy.
To apply, please click on the green "APPLY" button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.