Temporary Data Entry Clerks - Planning
Competition Number: HR-2018-0084
Job Title: Temporary Data Entry Clerks - Planning
Department: Planning and Development department
Employment Type: Temporary - Full Time: 6 month term with possibility of extension (multiple positions available)
Salary: $23.30 per hour
Posted Date: December 10, 2018 12:00 AM
Closing Date: January 21, 2019 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: January 4, 2019 2:50 PM
The Planning & Development Services department is responsible for managing the current and long-range uses of land within the County’s boundaries. It is responsible for establishing and overseeing all planning, development, building, and subdivision processes.
The Temporary Data Entry Clerks will be responsible for identifying department records and entering all data necessary for accurate identification to facilitate the migration of existing department records to a new records management system. Duties will include organizing files, analyzing data, scanning, and accurately entering, reviewing, and correcting data.
The ideal candidates will be able to work independently, possess a great attention to detail and have a commitment to accuracy.
You will also possess the following education, experience, knowledge and skills:
- Post-secondary office administration diploma, including experience with current office computers and business software, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of general office equipment, systems, and procedures;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software, and other computer based programs;
- Proficient keyboarding skills;
- Ability to communicate tactfully, clearly, and effectively, and exercise mature judgement to deal effectively with customers, ratepayers and County employees;
- Ability to prioritize own workload and set priorities;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and consistency when performing duties;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to ensure all work related information is kept confidential as per policy and in accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Ability to comply with records management practices as stated in the Records Management Policy.
To apply, please click on the green "APPLY" button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No additional documents available for this post.