Temporary Financial Analyst
Competition Number: HR-2019-0003
Job Title: Temporary Financial Analyst
Department: Financial Services department
Employment Type: Temporary - Full Time: approx. 14 month term
Salary: $84,634 - $108,366
Posted Date: January 08, 2019 12:00 AM
Closing Date: January 22, 2019 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date: January 8, 2019 8:57 AM
At the County of Grande Prairie,we value fiscal responsibility and good financial management. If you pride yourself in your great attention to detail, have a strong accounting background and the ability to use sound financial judgement, you may be the right one to join the team!
The Financial Services department provides financial stewardship and management services for the County, including financial support to all departments in the areas of accounting, finance, and budgeting.
The Financial Analyst provides analytical support to other County departments to develop capital and operating budget, interim and year-end financial reports and financial analysis and advice to support departmental decision making. Each financial analyst works cooperatively and collaboratively with County departments assigned to their position to achieve County and Council objectives and acts as the first point of contact for departmental staff. Your advanced computer skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and superior organizational skills will be keys to success in this position.
You will also possess the following education, experience, knowledge and skills:
- Business or Accounting Degree;
- Canadian Professional Accounting Designation;
- Minimum five years’ experience in accounting and finance functions;
- Three years municipal finance experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and Public Sector Accounting; and of financial obligations under the Municipal Government Act;
- Familiarity with Serenic v8 (Bellamy), Questica, Excel, CaseWare, Smartsheet and Webmaps software would be an asset;
- Superior ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to explain policies and procedures;
- Ability to prioritize and manage work tasks and achieve results within acceptable timeframes;
- Ability to tolerate frequent interruptions and still meet deadlines;
- Ability to keep financial records and prepare reports;
- Tact and sound judgment;
- High degree of accuracy;
- Ability to ensure all work related information is kept confidential as per policy and in accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and in accordance with Records Management Policy;
- Ability to work as a team player.
Candidates who do not hold a CPA designation or with less experience are invited to apply and may be considered at a lower classification and salary level.
To apply, please click on the green "APPLY" button below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.