Capture the North 2015 NADC Photo Contest Deadline
November 30 - 30, 2015 (All Day)
About the Contest
Contest is open to everyone. If you have taken a photo within the NADC boundary and you are the owner of the photo, you are eligible to enter. Entrants are invited to submit their best photos in keeping with the categories of the contest.
Category 1: Working the North - photos of northern Albertans at work in the Forestry, Oil & Gas, Waterworks, Health Care and Agriculture industries.
Category 2: Scenes of the North - photos of northern Alberta's towns, cities, hamlets, villages and homesteads.
Category 3: People of the North - photos of activities such as camping, quadding, fishing, sledding, skiing...whatever fun outdoor activities you can enjoy in northern Alberta.
Category 4: Wild North - wild animals, insects, flowers, plants and the natural landscapes where the live and grow.
1st Prize in "Working the North" and 1st Prize in "Scenes of the North" will receive a $200 Visa Gift Certificate.
2nd Prize in "Working the North" and 2nd Prize in "Scenes of the North" will received a $100 Visa Gift Certificate.
1st Prize in "People in the North" and 1st Prize in "Wild North" will receive a $100 Visa Gift Certificate.
2nd Prize in "People in the North" and 2nd Prize in "Wild North" will receive a $50 Visa Gift Certificate.
By entering you agree to abide by all contest rules, and to have fun.
- Limit of 2 entries per person, per category. No photo shopping.
- Entries will be judged in the first week of December 2015 and winners announced the week of December 7, 2015. Winning entries will be selected by Government of Alberta employees representing a variety of ministries.
- By entering this contest, you agree to allow the NADC to use your name and photographs in its promotional publications, on its website or in other online forms such as social media sites. Any photo submitted may be shown throughout the contest on NADC's social media posts.
- You agree to allow your photograph to be cropped or otherwise altered to fit into promotional publications.
- If entering a photo of a person or people, you must provide a signed release from any recognizable individual. release form are available at www.nadc.ca.
- Photographs must be taken within the NADC boundaries (find the boundary at www.nadc.ca/nadc-map.asp).
- Entries must be receive don or before midnight November 30, 2015.
- The photo must not have been submitted to any other photo contest.
To Enter the Contest
Complete a contest entry form which is available at www.nadc.ca, and attach with the submitted photo(s). The personal information that you provide to the NADC will be used for the purpose of administering this contest. It is collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) and is protected by the privacy provisions of the Act. If you have any questions about the collection of this information, please see the contact information identified below.
Please send digital pictures in either .jpeg or .bmp format - it must be able to print clearly as an 8x10 print. Try to keep the pictures under 4MB.
Mail disc with pictures to:
Northern Alberta Development Council
Peace River, AB
Or drop off at our office in Peace River: 206 Provincial Building on 9621 - 92 Ave.