The County assigns addresses for all properties and dwellings within the county.

In addition to your legal land description, your property may have a civic address or a rural address:

  • A civic address is generally used for properties within a hamlet and other urban areas.
  • A rural address is for properties outside of hamlets, such as farms and acreages.

Note that your civic address or rural address may not be the same as your Canada Post mailing address.

The Community Standards bylaw requires all properties within the County to have their address displayed and clearly visible from the roadway. This is to assist local utility companies and emergency services, including police, fire, and ambulance, quickly locate your property.

If you have any questions regarding address signage, email Public Works or call 780-532-7393.