The County of Grande Prairie strives to protect and enhance our community with County Bylaws. These Bylaws are regulated in the County as well as the Town of Wembley, Town of Sexsmith and Saddle Hills County.    

Please note we do not enforce moving traffic offences, civil matters or off highway vehicles.    

Report a complaint

Call 9-1-1 for an emergency.  

If you want to report a complaint, please use the online Report It form or call 780-532-9727. The Community Standards Unit addresses the following complaints:   

  • Unsightly premises
  • Parking
  • Snow complaints
  • Regulatory bylaws
  • Animal control

Emergency management

Stay up to date with the Grande Prairie Regional Emergency Partnership (GPREP) and learn how the County works with its partners to keep our community safe during local emergencies.   

Land Use Bylaw

Regional Enforcement Services does not enforce Land Use Bylaw 2680. If you are looking to develop land in the community, the Planning and Development Services Department issues development permits under the County's Land Use Bylaw to authorize development, including excavation, stockpiling, building, additions and more.    

Criminal offences

All criminal offences must be reported to the RCMP.