The County of Grande Prairie No. 1 directs it residents to rural internet service providers (ISPs) and does not sell or provide the internet service directly.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact to get internet service?

Here is a list of Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that provide internet service to rural locations. Each provider differs in the service they provide, so you may need to contact more than one of the providers to find the internet service that will best meet your needs.

Crossover Networks Inc.

Tel: 587-771-0991

Datastorm Technologies

Commercial Internet Installations & Tower Builds

Tel: 587-343-1663

Cell: 780-518-0312


Tel: 1-888-345-1111

Expert Mobile Communications

TELUS Authorized Dealer

Tel: 780-539-3962

GPN Wireless Network Solutions Ltd.

Tel: 780-882-6623

Micro Computers Plus

Toll Free: 1-800-539-6448

Tel: 780-538-0888

NEXXCOM Technologies

Toll Free: 1-866-943-2420

Tel: 780-833-3000

Skyline Micro Systems

Toll Free: 1-800-814-1116

Tel: 780-539-9677


Tel: 1-866-841-6001

Coming soon...


This service is currently first-come-first-serve so click the link here and enter your address to check for availability in your area. 


If you are an ISP in the area and your information is not listed, contact us. Need some help as you find a service provider, here's a Canadian internet resource guide.


Our links with the above websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us, of the owners or operators of those linked websites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those linked websites. The links are posted without bias for convenience and informational purposes only.

Does the County still provide Internet Towers to residents?

All the internet towers that the County purchased in 2008 are being used by County residents. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list for a County sponsored internet tower, follow the steps below:

Contact Expert Mobile Communications or call 780-539-3962

  1. Provide proof of residence (Picture ID and utility bill)
  2. Arrange pick-up when an internet tower becomes available for you

Can I use the same tower as my neighbour to for my internet service?

Yes. The County has an access agreement with the landowner which allows the County and/or ISPs to access the County sponsored internet tower and extend the internet services to neighbouring properties if needed.

May I shop around for another ISP?

Yes. Whether you have a County sponsored internet tower on your property or are receiving your internet from a neighbouring sponsored tower you can shop around for the ISP that best meets your needs.

Can any ISP install equipment on a County sponsored internet tower to provide their internet service?

Yes. Here are the steps for follow:

Have your ISP fill out this License Agreement and submit it to us via e-mail

The ISP can now install their equipment

What if the ISP refuses to sign the license agreement?

Please choose another ISP. A License Agreement is a requirement and failure to sign the document will result in immediate equipment removal and legal action.

Do I have to notify the County if I change my ISP?

Yes. Please follow the steps below:

Submit the following information to us via e-mail:

Your name 

Land location of the tower 

Name of your new ISP

Notify your new ISP to fill out the required License Agreement and have them submit it to us via e-mail.

What do I do if I sell my property?

Please have the new property owner(s) e-mail us to let the County know they have purchased property that has a County sponsored internet tower on it and request one of the following:

If the new owners wish to keep the existing County sponsored internet tower, they must sign a new Access Agreement with the County. The County will contact them to make these arrangements.

If the new owners wish to remove the existing County sponsored internet tower, they must request the County to arrange for removal. The County will pay for all removal costs.

I am a tenant. Can I obtain a County sponsored internet tower?

No, the landowner will have to take the steps necessary to obtain a County sponsored internet tower for their land as outlined by the above FAQ Does the County still provide Internet Towers to residents?

I am an ISP in the area and would like to know where the County sponsored internet towers are located.

Please visit our Open Data Catalogue and look for ‘Internet Towers'.

I am an ISP in the area and want to be added to the County's List of Internet Service Providers.

Please send us an e-mail requesting to be added.

Should I contact the County if I have problems with my internet service?

No, the County is not an Internet Service Provider (ISP). Please contact your ISP for support.

How do I know if the tower on my property is a County sponsored internet tower?

Please e-mail us and we will inform you if the tower is one of ours. Please include the following information with your email:

Your name 

Land location of the tower 

I have a County sponsored internet tower on my property that I want removed. What do I do?

Please fill out this form to request removal. Removing the tower without the consent of the County is not permitted. The County will pay for all removal costs. Internet Tower Removal Request Form