Visit the library closest to your home to sign up for a free library card.

Summer Program

Summer Reading Banner

County Libraries are offering a range of exciting activities for 6-12 year old children this summer!

Registration is open now. Spaces are first come, first served, so we recommend signing up as soon as possible to secure your child's spot.

Please visit your library’s website events calendar to register:

Looking for more summer fun? Check out the County's Summer Camps!

County of Grande Prairie Community Librairies

“The Library Board has created a Plan of Service for 2021-2023. The Plan guides library staff to create programs and services in line with the community’s needs.”

Beaverlodge Public Library

Location: 406 – 10 St, Beaverlodge

Phone: 780-354-2569


Elmworth Community Library

Location: 113036 – Hwy 722, Elmworth (inside Elmworth School)

Phone: 780-354-2930


Grande Prairie Public Library

Location: 101, 9839 – 103 Ave, Grande Prairie

Phone: 780-532-3580


Hythe Municipal Library

Location: 10013 – 100 St, Hythe

Phone: 780-356-3014


La Glace Community Library

Location: 9924 – 97 Ave, La Glace

Phone: 780-568-4696


Sexsmith Shannon Municipal Library

Location: 9917 – 99 St, Sexsmith

Phone: 780-568-4333


Valhalla Community Library

Location: 9702 – 100 Ave, Valhalla Centre

Phone: 780-356-3834


Wembley Public Library

Location: 9719 – 97 Ave, Wembley (inside Helen E. Taylor School)

Phone: 780-766-3553


Peace Library System (PLS)

All public libraries in the County are members of PLS, which provides support for libraries in northwestern Alberta.

The Regional Automation Consortium (TRAC)

TRAC is an online catalogue that you can use to search for books and other items you wish to borrow. You can find items at your local library or request items from other libraries in the province.

The Alberta Library (TAL)

Ask about getting a TAL Card at your local library. A TAL card allows you to borrow items from public, academic, and special libraries across Alberta.

ME Libraries

Use your library card when travelling out of the region by registering for a ME account.